Static Mixing Heat Exchanger
Samhwa specializes in building heat exchangers which incorporate static mixing elements and especially suited for heating and cooling highly viscous fluids. The mixing elements continuously create a new Interface between the product and tube wall, thereby producing a uniform heat history in the Product. This arrangement produces a heat transfer rate that is three to seven times that of conventional heat exchangers. These heat exchangers are very compact, producing a short residence time.
- Cooling polyester
- Preheating polystyrene prior to devolatilization
- Maintaining constant hot oil temperature in recirculation loops
- Cooling hot melt adhesive products immediately before packaging
- Heating viscous food product such as taffy, glucose products, corn starch
- Healing proprietary sealants in production of self-sealing automobile tires
- Cooling precursors used in carbon fiber production
- Cooling polystyrene foam in extrusion processes
- Maintaining temperature uniformity of cellulose acetate in filter tow production
- Removing heat generated in exothermic reactive processes
Heat exchangers are custom designed for each application.
- Materials: Carbon steel, stainless steel, Hastelloy, Inconel, etc.
- Pressure: :Exceeding 350 bar (5,075 psi)
- Viscosities: Exceeding 20,000 Pas (20,000,000 cp)
- Certifications: ASME, DIN, Chinese Safety Quality License, Others
Benefits / Advantages
- Increases heat transfer coefficients three to seven times that of traditional open tube designs
- Low pressure drop for high viscosity materials
- Short and uniform residence time
- Smooth shape and edge sealing of mixer elements allows no dead spaces for product to hang up or degrade
- Can be used for materials with low to high viscosities
- No moving parts, therefore no maintenance
- Can process highly corrosive materials upon various options of materials to be chosen
- Uniform temperature-no hot spots
Newwin Engineering is the agent representative for Samhwa Mixing Technology Co. Ltd.